Purpose and scope
- This Policy, therefore, sets out the types of personal information that we may collect and hold, how that information is used and with whom the information is shared. It also deals with how you can access the personal information we hold about you, ask us to correct it, or make a privacy related complaint. Ausigoods Australia Pty Ltd takes its obligations regarding the protection of personal information seriously and we are bound by the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). The APPs are designed to protect the confidentiality of information and the privacy of individuals by regulating the way personal information is collected, used, disclosed and managed.
- Personal information: When this policy refers to personal information it is a reference to personal information as defined in the Privacy Act. Personal information is, generally speaking, information or an opinion relating to an identified, or reasonably identifiable, individual, whether the information is true or not and regardless of whether AusiChef Australia has kept a record of it.
- AusiChef IT Equipments and infrastructure: Means AusiChef Australia computers, software, hardware, the internet, email, instant messaging, telephones and Mobile Devices, computer and information systems, networks and infrastructure (including local and shared drives) of AusiChef Australia. that is capable of capturing, storing, transmitting or displaying data; including: laptops, tablets, mobile data storage devices and mobile phones that are connected.
- Sensitive information: When this policy refers to sensitive information it is a reference to sensitive information as defined under the Privacy Act, which includes information about an individual's health, racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, membership of a political association, religious beliefs or philosophical beliefs, membership of a professional or trade association or membership of a trade union.
What kind of Information does AusiChef Australia Collect and Hold?
- AusiChef Australia may collect personal and sensitive information that is reasonably necessary to be collected for the purposes of AusiChef Australia fulfilling its functions and activities.
- AusiChef Australia may ask for identification information. This information may include but is not limited to an individual’s name, address, contact details, email address, date of birth, A.B.N and tax file number adhering according to privacy act mentioned above.
- AusiChef Australia may collect and hold personal information, such as, but not limited to, names of employees and proprietors of organizations, addresses, telephone numbers, facsimile numbers, e-mail addresses, professional affiliations, and financial information such as your bank details. For those who work at, or seek to work at AusiChef Australia this may also include information about your qualifications, and employment history.
- For visitors of Ausigoods Australia Pty Ltd may require to check in and sign the registration book, in addition to all other identification information, that an CRM automatic registration of entry, departure and movement within our sites, and may obtain and record other information such as temperature and vaccination status.
- Ausigoods Australia Pty Ltd may collect and hold additional personal information about individuals. This could include visitors, transaction information or making a record of queries or complaints an individual makes and, if they make an insurance claim, collecting additional information to assess the claim.
How and Why Ausigoods Australia Pty Ltd Collect and Hold this Information
- AusiChef Australia will collect personal information in a number of ways, including information provided directly from you, provided by our agents, contractors or distributors, or provided through our website. We can collect this information by way of emails, via telephone calls, enquiries (which may be recorded for quality control purposes in accordance with applicable laws), in person from any visitor to our sites, from video conferencing, face-to-face meetings from any application you make (in whatever format) to become an AusiChef Australia customer, supplier, employee or contractor, when you provide feedback to us, submit an enquiry, respond to a promotion by submitting your details, participate in a survey or competition, when you create an account with us, purchase a product or service from us, and when we otherwise do business with you or when you provide services to us or visit any of our offices and sites.
- ensuring the integrity and security of AusiChef Australia premises as a secure food production site;
- AusiChef Australia will not collect any personal information except when the individual has knowingly provided that information to us or authorised a third party to provide that information to us.
Process of Keeping Information Secure
- AusiChef Australia uses security procedures and technology to protect the information we hold. To prevent misuse or unlawful disclosure of sensitive information,
Accessing and validation of Personal Information
- AusiChef Australia will take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information that it collects is accurate, up-to-date and complete. We take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, interference, loss, unauthorized access, modification or exposure.
- Under the Privacy Act, individuals have a right to seek access to information which we hold about them; to obtain correct information contact AusiChef Australia.
- AusiChef Australia does not sell, trade or rent lists of personal information to any third party. In all cases we will only disclose that information that is strictly required and take all reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is handled in accordance with the APPs.
Exercising your rights in an event of concerns about privacy?